Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Summary Teacher 2



I was assigned to Paula White.The name of her blog was called Reflections of the TZSTeacher.The first blog I read was about Incidental learning.She talked about how the children were only in the classroom for seventeen days and she came back to visit them.She taught a lesson dealing with series of graphs as math stories.Students would learn how to read the graphs as a story picture.They were given comparison from different books , doing this helped them learn the concepts from a another level.Ms.Paula goes on to talk about her days as a k teacher and reflects on her days.She monitors the students with their activity.Paula states that she really enjoyed teaching kindergarten, because of how the students are very involved with learning what you teach them. It is easy to teach them because they are watching everything that is going on in the classroom.Paula ends her post by giving a story.She hopefully leaves two students that misbehaved with a lesson learned.Students are to respect other learning and that it is okay for all to be interested at the same time and the same things. I really enjoyed reading her post.

My second post was on the second part of the Incidental learning.In this post Paula reads a story called Once Upon a Time.Instead of the students doing the series of graph using math, they did the lines and dots.I liked this method that was used. When Paula explained how students use lines and dots it made more sense.A teacher can see what student have developed from preschool experience and they ones that need the support.The students were to show the fear in the story of the Three little Pigs.I would use this technique in the kindergarten classroom.It is a great method.

1 comment:

  1. Paula White sounds like a great teacher! I think it's really good she is open for different methods of learning and knows how to incorporate them into the classroom. I think it's also great she gave the students a lesson learned. That's what I mainly remember about my teachers; what they taught me, not only in school, but also about life.

    ReplyDelete