Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Assignment #8

Ricard Miller:This Is How We Dream.







Ricard Miller is awesome.He tells about how he grew up with books being in his household.Ricard said that he has always wanted to have a career with books.He has wrote a book on amazon and recommends that we all should buy it. He is now working on a project that is not about physical hand held books, but books that dealing with the computer web base. It has documents that are visual and he shows how that are useful.The documents are of print,sound,and visual.

Imaginably,he shows things that are not just in paper book,but are also on the computer.He calls them fundamental changes.Ricard shows how the reactions and changes in votes of Obama election can still be seen.The Washington Newspaper and Martin Luther King Jr speech can all be seen online through moving pictures and informational news.I think that is great.Education and even the source of more learning can be found online.

Ricard says that publishing learning online is something that should happen.I agree because the focus will be there and more information.The visual and creativity can draw people into this online book.If it is put together well it get the viewers attention to want more.The ideas of different tasks have to be shown as well. Ricard states that inspiring space has to be available.The dream can be done Ricard says and shall be done.

I really enjoyed this video.Ricard plan is very organized and informational.I would have to believe that when new ideas are placed out there, we should try to look into more of it. I love the fact that Ricard has the idea to put technology online in computer base form instead of just physical books.Somethings need to be visual .Individuals are attracted to things that catch their attention so it should be creative. These resource online are great ways of learning and its free globally.I think its great for students that rather be in there rooms studying more so than in the library.Either way is a source for learning and I am all for new ideas.I would like to be prepared to write with multimedia.Also, my student will as well.


The Chipper and EDM310 for Dummies
The videos are basic overview of how important it is to be on time and work hard.I learned that no matter how many decisions you make you should not give up.These videos gave a way of entertainment to show others how to get the job done.I love it and I caught my self getting in a few laughs time to time.Although life may have some road blocks keep pushing.I think a idea for a video would be a recording of students daily work of EDM such as comments for kids, projects, or even getting help with a step for posting certain blogs.I think a basic break down would be nice to show an audience.

Critiques of SmartBoards
I have to disagree with these educators. I would like the fact that helping my students get involved in the classroom helps us all. I think that learning in new ways farther ones education.The students will be excited about learning new activities.The teacher can even learn with the new development of a smart board.I have not used a smart board, but just the research on how it is a better combination for the students I would use it.We as educators have to want more for our student learning and for them to participate in class.They are learning skills and gaining confidence of material.I have looked at a couple of sites that give games and activities of the use of smartboards.

http://eduscapes.com/sessions/smartboard
http://my-ecoach.com/online/webresourcelist.php?rlid=6128
http://www.blogtoplist.com/academics/blogdetails-17907.html

1 comment:

  1. This was a really great post! You give a lot of great points about each article/video. I thought you did a great job with the Miller lecture on online publishing. I was most interested in your comments on the article about the topic of smartboards. You made some really great points and I feel that by reading your article my position on the matter has changed some. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete