Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog Assignment # 10

An Open Letter To Educators By Morgan Bayda
When comparing my attitude or experience with Morgan Bayda I have to agree with her on somethings.I feel like sitting in long lectures for hours are pointless some days. If I could understand everything the professor said that would be awesome but thats not the case ever.I have had teachers lecture and thats it no interaction with the students at all. I would think long lecture wouldn't be so bad if the professors were creative and kept the students attention.I know I can begin to get a little bored when a teacher drags on and on about the same thing.Mostly when that happen I'm thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch or dinner my focus should be on the teachers concept of the lesson.I like to learn when new things are provided.

Small classes are great when the course is organized differently.I like when teachers prepare in the lesson where students are interacting with others you tend to learn more.But that happen rarely.The thing about college and classes is a person has to be open to learn and develop communication in class whether in small or large classes.I like to believe that we all could make it work then if we change the classroom ourselves.

At South I have learned a lot because I ask when the help is needed.I have opened new accounts such as twitter, Skype, time toast,and other sites .My teacher is very helpful and wants us to learn. The thing is in this class its a hands on class so you are learning many new things .I found that the things we are doing I did not know about and it helps .When you get teachers that are advanced and think about students the system changes as well. The sad thing is we all will not get those type teachers .

Dan Brown made some good points.I just feel like we all should give education a chance.Education can be changed in the right hands.If we continue to take the path of change thing will be better. Teachers have to be creative and think differently I wish him the best with his decision and everyone knows what is best for them.

I liked this post.New information is always helpful.I am a open minded person so I think about what others have to say.I think future educators should visit the blog it leave you to think about somethings.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life

These sentences are a goal shot for a direction.It helps you reflect on the day of change in the classroom as a future teacher.I would like to think about my sentence daily to see how I made a difference.The sentence helps motivate teachers to interact in a new way.

My Sentence
"I will teach with a creative style where obstacles are not seen yet the goal is received."

2 comments:

  1. Great post Catina!

    I agree, we should give education a chance. I think it is important for us as teachers and students to realize that we are all a part of a major transition period in education and we must take the good with the bad. Something as big as education can not change overnight but it can, and is in the process of changing. EDM 310 is a great example. This is only the third semester that this format has been attempted and it is getting better all the time. Just a little over two years ago I started with EDM 310 and it was very much still a traditional course. We have come a long way. So, taking a, “The glass is half-full,” position, I would say that this is a great time to be an educator as we are on the verge of an educational revolution the likes of which has never been seen before. I for one am delighted. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catina,
    I also like the small classes better; you have a chance at getting to know your teacher and your classmates. In my large classes I barley new the teacher name. The only classmates I knew were my friends. It also does not make the class interesting when the professor does not seem enthused about the subject. Some teachers lecture but the tone or their voice makes you become bored in class. You also have some professor that get excited about a subject and give examples, even though it may be lecture it still will make you interested and determined to learn more about the subject. In the classes with the none active/attention getting professor, not only do I drift to think about what am I going to have for lunch, but even pull all the cell phone and start texting. I think that is rude, but I also think it is rude if I attend your class, pass, but in the end I am like….okay what have I learned from this class, in most cases the answer is……. NOTHING!!!! This class is different I came in knowing a little about technology and I am adding to what I already know and applying what I learn to different situations.

    ReplyDelete