Monday, September 27, 2010

Blog 6




The Networked Student
The video is about using more technology for the field of Education.The students would meet in the classrooms for a regular lecture review and the rest of the assignments would be done though the internet.I would have to believe that this is a excellent idea. I think that this would prepare each student for the proper way of keeping information and interacting with others.Middle school is the starting point.Therefore when the students get to high school, they will be prepared for their computer classes.I think that networking is the source of finding what is really out there in the world.Students could find out what really interest them from other places.

We are asked why do these Networked Student need a teacher.Well I believe also that the teachers are the guidance for the students and help monitor them for the ideas that have been set. The students will gain the confidence in themselves to reach out for the unknown. Teacher are the light of information and preparation for new ideas.

I want to be a first grade teacher so I would not use this type of technology just yet.I want to be hands on with my students. Elementary students need guidance. I do not knock the idea because its new and technology is growing in many different ways.I would want to be prepare just in case to teach the networked student if I made changes in my career.I would recommend this to start in middle student age range.I watched the seven grader video on her personal network.It was amazing on all the things she could do. She learned how to be responsible with the assignments that were due.She could show the creative side all done by the internet.I enjoyed watching the video.

1 comment:

  1. Catina,

    Based on what you have already encountered in this class, What ideas do you have for your comment ... The students would meet in the classrooms for a regular lecture review and the rest of the assignments would be done though the internet?

    ReplyDelete