Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog 4 Assignment.

DON'T TEACH YOUR KIDS THIS STUFF,PLEASE? Scott McLeod
My reaction to this reading leaves you thinking about the safety of all children.I feel that in this generation children will explore and learn what is not always taught.They will learn technology mostly on your their own.I feel as though a parent knows their children and blocks should be place on computers with a certain age limit. I would have to take in consideration they different types of individual online each day. When it comes to protection only so much we can do and I agree that we should try to protect children as much as we can see.Times are at a changing view now and I believe that if things can be prevented then why not continue trying.Scott McLeod is a Associate Professor of Educational Administration at Iowa State University and the Director of the UCEA for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education.

The ischool Initiative
The high school student is a thinker I would say in this power-point.He thought of ways to save money and to get parents involved with their children education.He gives a break down on how this could really work in the school.The students shows all the examples to keep the interest of the viewers.The power point is something that could become worldwide in business places.

My reaction to this video was left with thoughts of how things would work.When I saw how it was describe it lets you think of how inventions will continue to grow.I believe that this would not be so bad if teachers eased into it with the students to get them prepared for the work. Students still need time with their teacher I would have to say that much.Creativeness is a way to keep the students in involved.The ischool would also save a lot of money because everything is at your fingers.The video was a great way of something new and updated.But there is always having to have electrical power for these items books,paper and other things are always guaranteed to work.

The Lost Generation
Wow this was awesome. I love the way it started and finished with motivation.I believe that is up to us to change the world.No matter what has been said we have to believe in ourselves and be the help for others.We as the future have to not only think but also be what we have set goals to be.The lost will be found if we as individuals get the focus on a new view in life. I absolutely loved this short film.

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir.
Wow I loved this post.When singing is apart of you as it is for me things like this leaves your mind at peace. I like the way that everyone is in a different place doing something that relaxes their spirit. It was just awesome how he could deliver this message and doing it with the greatness of computers. I will be sharing this post with others I really enjoyed watching it.

2 comments:

  1. Your font is set to BOLD and green. It is virtually impossible to read. Please change it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Catina, children will learn a lot of technology on their own. I agree, parents know their children best and should put the proper safeguards in place. Also, educating students at a young age about the dangers associated with the world wide web is now just as important as educating them ab0ut the dangers of the playground.

    Regarding your blog, your title should read, "Catina Magby's EDM 310 Class Blog". Also, be sure and proof read before posting. SS

    ReplyDelete