Monday, September 6, 2010

Blog 3

children
A Vision of Students Today.
When looking at my college experiences, I can relate to the video the visions of students today. The actions that are taken in the classroom many lack to look around. Some individuals pay for classes that they will never attend and complain about the workload or not understanding the assignments.The debt will be there for some that have to work full time jobs to maintain their schedules, but yet it is for a good education with possibilities of a better pay rate.In the video looking around one says that we are preparing ourselves for jobs that do not exist yet, well that is true but inventions upgrades and we must upgrade with the systems.

Time management will help each one of us in college.When we as individuals take the effort to help ourselves more will come to us.The readings that we feel are useless will help us either in the class we are taking or other classes.If we build communication skills with our professors we could learn more from them and what they have to offer.In the video, I think I would add the good things that we complain about as students and the outcomes of what we talk about. There are many ways that we can look at the positives.We as as students may have a full time job,families,or just a busy workload yet we are gaining knowledge for our careers and everyday life.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY-KELLY HINES

When coming across Kelly Hines post it really left a thinking method in my brain.I agree with Kelly when she said that it is not about technology because there is more out there to learn.The teaching system is one thing that needs to be a change in this century.We can not just keep the focus all on the technology. Yes, do need it because with great teacher a lot can happen when using the technique in different ways. Also with staying update to date with the new invention we as teachers can help our students learn.Teachers have to continue to be learners how can we teach if we aren't willing to learn.Once we learn we can show values of ways to our future students.Kelly Hines really gave helpful information with stating that.

Kelly Hines gave a list of things teachers need to recognize and can be very useful.I found her post to be an insight to all.Kelly has a new way of getting the attention of others and it is great.I will also continue to see more of the things she post.

Karl Fisch:Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I read Mr.Fisch post very interesting I would have to say.I do not feel as strong as he would but I do agree that we all need to be skillful with technology.We should not be illiterate.We as teacher should know the basic skill of the computer.I feel like a lot of opinions were made which is just, but all about one should be embarrassed for not knowing nothing about technology as they should is a statement there is always time to be updated.I agree that all teachers should be educated when it comes to software and the basic computer skills.

I would have to say that certain teachers have studied that field of interest so they are the ones that will help students find the resources of the computers.When students progress to upper grades I believe that teachers should know a lot more than expected, but if not I would not say they should be not proud of themselves.Technology should be in the classrooms and should teachers should know the basics skills to help students learn certain methods. I agree with Karl Fisch on a certain level about not being an illiterate teacher,yet teachers shouldn't be afraid of not knowing all there is to know.

Gary Hayes-Social Media

Interesting! The advancement continues to grow.We have to stay up tune with how the world is developing.We as teachers have to move in a pace they keeps our students eager to learn. We all have to gain more knowledge and be wise to what is and going to happen.I am excited because new things are to come and I can learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE change the color of the font and the font itself. To read your post I had to copy the text into a word processor, change the color, and change the font.

    Your writing needs a lot of work. I have rewritten your first paragraph. Compare my version with yours.

    I can relate to the video A Vision of Students Today. It reports much of what I have encountered in my college career (I am guessing that this is what you intended to say.) Many fail to look around the classroom to see what is happening there. Some individuals pay for classes they never attend. Others complain about the workload. Still others do not understand the assignments. The debts students acquire in attending college will be an economic burden for a long time. (I am not sure about the rest of what you have written in this sentence.) An education will, however, increase the possibility for economic success. One of the points made in the video is that schools are preparing students for jobs that do not exist yet. If this is true, then schools must use the latest tools, technologies and methods for teaching and learning. All of the current systems need upgrading.

    Please consult with your advisor for a recommendation as to where you can get help with your writing.

    ReplyDelete