Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blog 5 Assignment

The Lang witches Blog was awesome. The blog showed ways that children got involved with the podcast. When first introducing podcast to the parents and administrators, many may seem worry about how is it helping in the classrooms.The blog explains how this type of technology helps the students build basic literacy skills.Students are gaining skills in many ways,for example presentation skills, digital storytelling skill, and organizational skills to name a few.In the Langwitches blog podcast, there are examples of ways to use podcast for your students.Several posts are about being creative giving storytelling and also during time lines.The blog was very interesting.

I also read about the Eagle Nest Radio class blog.It was a class blog were students basically did a historical podcast.It was awesome to listen to how they were so involved.Another, podcast I watched was the Educational Podcasting Network.It was a network on where teacher discussed the podcast and other ideas.

I can admit that I did not know much about podcast or how to even start one.These examples really keep my attention in learning more about it.I can give ways to start them now and tell how they are valuable in classrooms. I would use these overview podcast in my own podcast, simply by giving an insight on how others can use them and learn from podcast.

3 comments:

  1. I believe you really enjoyed the blogs you talked about. The thing is you did not give much information on why you enjoyed them or about the blogs themselves. I new about podcast but did not know how to go about creating one my self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not really understand podcasts when I first read these blogs. However after making one I think they will be a great tool to use in the classroom. I enjoyed reading your post about Langwitches. It was full of information about how blogs are useful in the classroom. I enjoyed this blog as well. The Eagles Nest Radio was awesome too. The kids were fun to listen to and like you, I like how the kids got so involved. I can tell they really enjoyed making the podcasts and learned a lot from doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you will be a podcaster! The Eagle Nest series is great I agree!

    ReplyDelete