Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Summary Post Teacher # 3

I was assigned to a teacher from North Island,New Zealand.The name of my teacher was Dragonsinger.She gives information that she is a mother,blogger,and even musician.How about she says she is a computer geek.Dragonsinger tells about the secret passion she has and its teaching is not about feeding information into students brains, yet its creating a place for them to be inspired and being excited about discovery.I totally agree that feeding students somethings hender them from learning in another way.Dragonsinger goal for her students is to leave an impact for them to learn more and to want see what is out there in the world.I explored more with Dragonsinger blog and she does this blog post as a practice of what has worked in the classroom and what has not worked.She wanted to share the information with us and others in her PLN.
Dragonsinger blog is called learning,unlearning,and relearning.She goes on conferences and post links for others to watch .The videos that are post are ways that viewers can see ways to helps students.We have to develop change for them. Dragonsinger also gave a break down of how a normal conference goes for her on a daily basis. I looked at the summary she left and it seem very helpful also fun.She went to the tenth ulearn conference.The conference are a base of new sources and keynotes.I enjoyed her blog a lot of helpful information to use.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catina - thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I used the phrase "learning, unlearning and relearning" because I think that is a process we need to go through all the time if we want to be great teachers.

    Good luck for the rest of your studies and your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete