Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blog 11

Ms.Cassidy approach with technology is awesome.Ms.Cassidy is a first grade teacher in Canada.In the classroom of Ms.Cassidy, she has her students blogging,writing people in other places,and even finding educational games.I love the fact that she did this in video form.I saw how the students came to class getting involved.They were excited to learn and even teach the audience how to do blogs or whatever task they were performing.I would think I would use the blogs in my classroom as a future teacher.The students can work on ways to improve skills as well as the parents keeping up with how the child is doing.I would also use Skype for the students to see who they are learning about and for them to build communication skills with others. Its so much that I would use so that my students will be updated with the change of the world far as technology goes. The impediments that anyone would encounter is the connection or maybe popups sites.Another thing that can happen is the computer could   freeze because of the downloads.Things like that happen.So when they do we use the next best thing and thats our  creative skills.I would use ways that I could still keep the students attention.Students can work on a project or even things that are preparing them for an upcoming video until the sources are handled.The key is to always keep students protected and tell them the ways that computers work at times of difficulty.I enjoyed this blog and Ms.Cassidy she gave many ways that can keep students imagination going on and on for a long time.Check out the video sometime. At this link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvPZtTej0jQ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catina,
    I am Cassandra. Mrs. Cassidy gave me a lot of incite about how to approach my students with new tools to help educate them in many ways. I think these are great ways to get students involved, and this will also educate them about being responsible, I see it as treating them like little adults. Allowing them to browse, explore and then share their own opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Cassidy is doing an awesome job and these children are amazing! I think they are so amazing because they are given the opportunity. If more students were able to have access to the tools Mrs. Cassidy is using I think more students would surprise us with their abilities. I'm glad to read that you will be blogging with your future students. SS

    ReplyDelete